10 Interesting Facts about Donna Summers:Legendary disco singer Donna Summer, known as the “Queen of the Disco”, died today from lung cancer. Countless celebrities like Roseanne Barr, Latoya Jackson and Mary J.Blidge have been sending their condolences via Twitter. The Grammy winning disco singer leaves behind a legacy that spanned four decades and five Grammy Awards.
While Donna Summer will be greatly missed, I wanted to celebrate her legacy and list a few interesting facts about her that you may not be aware of.
1. At the ripe age of 61, Donna Summers had a #1 record on Billboard’s US Dance Chart for her single “To Paris With Love.”
2. In the late 90′s Donna made several appearances on the television sitcom ‘Family Matters’ as Steve Urkels aunt Aunt Oona.
3. Donna was an accomplished visual artist and here art work had earned her over $1.2 million dollars.
4. Donna was the first artist to have three consecutive double albums reach number one on the US Billboard Charts.
5. Donna’s music career begin in Munich Germany while performing in the stage play Hair and Porgy & Bess.
6. Donna was the first artist to sign to a record deal to David Geffen’s – Geffen Records.
7. After the passing of Michael Jackson, Donna wrote a speech for him and performed a tribute for the fallen King of Pop on the same day as his funeral.
8. In 2007 Donna released “Ordinary Girl,” a book about her humble begginings in Boston to becoming a world wide celebrity.
9. In 2004 Donna Summer was inducted into the Dance Music Hall of Fame.
10. In 1973 Donna was first married and gave birth to a baby girl name Mimi Sommer.
Used with permission. Content copyright of www.sosoactive.com